Salmon on the Thorns; test me
David Dalton
2013-12-30 05:13:31 UTC
My Salmon on the Thorns page http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html
is an autobiographical account of my mystic experiences, combined
with comparison of those to those of past figures, plus a list of
messages from me. But note that currently my mental state is better
than it was during most of those past experiences. However I have
found patterns in those past experiences which I have compared to
those of some past pagan and non-pagan religious figures, though
much research remains to be done.

If I can prove that I am similar to some past major religious
figures then I would be willing to be tested scientifically
by atheists and non-atheists. (I already have had a brain
CT scan in late 1986 and a brain MRI scan in I think early
1987, after a prescription-drug-facilitated epileptic
seizure in late 1986. The tests were done at the UBC
Hospital, which is now called Vancouver General Hospital,
UBC Site.)

I also hope to at least partly explain my mystic cycles in
terms of biological resonance with large-scale natural
systems, but note that the Scientific notes section of
the above web page has not been updated since 1997 and
I plan to update it in the next few months. Any
constructive criticism that you have could contribute
to that update.
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Music & Travel
"Come on, baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me" (The Eagles)
Steve O
Did somebody break open a new bag of loonies?
David Dalton
2013-12-31 03:26:18 UTC
Post by Steve O
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Thanks for the constructive critcicism! :-)

Also here in Canada loonies are Canadian dollars,
which have a picture of a loon on one side.
Brad Guth
2013-12-30 18:58:51 UTC
Post by David Dalton
[...]
The intro to your link could use a little context improvement (semantics
are fairly important), and the link itself should have a new intro
paragraph of summary so that others reading for the very first time are
not so easily overwhelmed by all the subsequent wordage.

Trust me on this, because I have the exact same problems with conveying
my thoughts.
David Dalton
2013-12-31 03:28:00 UTC
Post by Brad Guth
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Thanks, Brad, I'll keep your comments in mind for
future edits.
Jeanne Douglas
2013-12-31 21:35:43 UTC
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Good for you!
--
JD

"If our country is going broke, let it be from
feeding the poor and caring for the elderly.
And not from pampering the rich and fighting
wars for them."--Living Blue in a Red State (seen on Facebook)

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Dakota
2013-12-31 22:09:12 UTC
Post by Jeanne Douglas
[...]